Trustee Emerita/Emeritus Policy
Memorandum #317: Trustee Emerita/Emeritus Policy
Effective July 2021
To confer Trustee Emerita/Emeritus status to former Trustees in recognition of their past extensive and exemplary contributions to the Community College of Philadelphia (CCP) and as a means of keeping them affiliated with CCP, maintaining a special relationship with them and expressing gratitude for their service to CCP.
Criteria for Selection
The Board of Trustees; on recommendation from the Executive Committee; shall vote to grant the status of Trustee Emerita/Emeritus to retiring or former members of the Board of Trustees who have served as a Trustee with distinction, demonstrated strong CCP support and consistently and willingly fulfilled the full spectrum of Board responsibilities.
Quantifications to include, but not be limited to:
- Committee Chair on one or more committees
- Participation as member of one or more committees
- Executive committee member
- Attendance at Board meetings and other CCP/Community events
- Participation (as appropriate) in institutional advancements efforts on behalf of CCP
- Commitment of time well beyond the quarterly meetings
- Other initiatives demonstrating a commitment to CCP
The designation of Trustee Emerita/Emeritus will be awarded on an individual basis and the award will be conferred within one year of the Trustee’s leaving the Board.
The designation of Trustee Emerita/Emeritus will be announced in the form of a Board of Trustees resolution.
- Recognition by a Board resolution of Trustee Emerita/Emeritus status with a presentation of a framed resolution
- Invitation to CCP Commencement activities and CCP Foundation special events with special seating (as available) and recognition
- Receipt, upon request, of select campus publications
Post retirement, as able, Trustee shall maintain a willingness to express enthusiasm and support for CCP’s mission, vision and activities. The Board of Trustees reserves the right to withdraw the Emerita/Emeritus status at any time.