Prepare, Empower and Connect to the world of work.
Finding and securing job opportunities in your field of study is simple with Career Connections' methodical approach and customizable resources:
- We help you research your career options early and optimize your course of study using expert Pathway coordinators and online tools like Pathful Explore.
- We find employers all around the city and bring them to you through our job database Handshake, and on campus at our Job fairs and Hot Job events.
- We help you perfect your resume and interview skills with workshops, walk in hours, online prep tools like Big interview.
Still not sure where to start?
Students and alumni; You can come to our office during walk-in hours or make an appointment if you want to do a deep dive on your career goals and specific areas of need.
Individual appointments can be scheduled for:
- Résumé and cover letter writing and reviewing, in person or online
- Mock interview practice and critique
- Job/internship search assistance
- Review of the department's online career tools
- Guidance when making a career change or seeking new employment
Contact us to make an appointment
Center for Business and Industry
1751 Spring Garden Street, Suite C1-34
and Bonnell BG-24
Philadelphia, PA 19130
Fall and Spring Semesters: Mon - Fri, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Walk-in Hours: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Michelle Talbert-Horsey, Director - Career Connections
- Beverly Halsey, Associate Director - Career Connections
- Cassandra Sassaman, Career Connections Pathway Coordinator
- Kari Scott, Career Connections Pathway Coordinator
- Khadeshia Edens, Career Connections Pathway Coordinator
Career Connections provides many services to employers, including:
- On-campus recruiting which includes table set ups; on-campus interviewing, information sessions, classroom presentations, etc.
- Free online job posting and résumé search system
- Career fairs
- Specialized workshops
- Open house events
- Personalized meetings to discuss our services and internship participation opportunities
- Virtual Recruitment Opportunities
Employment Fraud Alert
College students across the U.S. are being targeted in a common employment scam. Scammers advertise phony job opportunities on college employment websites and/or students receive emails on their school accounts recruiting them for fictitious positions. This “employment” may result in a financial loss, closure of the student’s bank account, adverse activity on the student’s credit record, or other negative consequences. For more information regarding this scam, please see the announcement from the FBI. If you have concerns regarding the legitimacy of a posting, please contact Career Connections.