Welcome to the Department of Academic Advising
Who We Serve:
First time college students and continuing students in good academic standing
- First-time students are students who have never attended another college or university, and have not earned previous college credits.
- Continuing students are students currently enrolled in courses or those who were enrolled in courses within the past two years
Students on Academic Probation or Guest/Visiting Students
Students on academic probation
- Students on academic probation and those who have not enrolled in courses for more than two years should visit the Counseling Department https://myccp.online/counseling
- Guest students who need assistance should contact the Admissions Office or visit our Guest Students information page.
Advisors assist students by:
- Identifying program requirements
- Helping students explore goals, interests and potential majors
- Discussing concerns about academic performance
- Helping students learn about College resources and services, course selection and registration procedures, and policies and deadlines
- Creating Academic and Graduation plans
Office Hours and Information
On-Campus Office Hours
Monday-Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Academic Advising is available on the Main Campus only and by appointment only. Please follow our guide for scheduling an advising appointment with an Academic Advisor who is assigned to your major. You will be able to select virtual or in-person at this time.
News & Announcements
Zoom Into Advising
Zoom is a video conferencing software that allows for video and audio communication for all meetings. The Office of Academic Advising offers two options for student advising appointments:
Must have a minimum of 6 credits earned and a 2.75 GPA.
Peer Leader Job Description
Position Title: Academic Advising Peer Leader
The Academic Advising Peer Leader will be responsible for supporting the Department of Academic Advising in serving students. The peer leader will assist students with the basic registration process and will refer students to college resources. The peer leader may also assist the advising professionals in planning and presenting workshops, organizing special events and student outreach. The peer leader will work collaboratively with the front office staff to provide a welcoming environment and may also assist with clerical duties.
Message from Your Advisors
The Community College of Philadelphia Academic Advisors would like to take this opportunity to welcome back returning students, and welcome new students to the College for the fall 2018 semester.
As your Academic Advisors we are able to assist you with: