Community College of Philadelphia uses the Canvas Learning Management System (LMS) to manage online and hybrid courses. In this section, students and faculty will find resources to help them navigate through Canvas.
Online Learning is ready to support faculty initiatives to build online courses. Please contact us at your earliest convenience so we can begin working together.
We look forward to working with you and raising online learning at CCP to new heights.
Attendance in Online Courses
Students registered in online courses are expected to maintain ongoing course engagement in order to uphold positive academic standing with the College and in order to comply with Federal financial aid regulations.
Logging into an online class without active participation, or participating in academic counseling or advising, are not sufficient to demonstrate engagement in an online course.
Active participation on an online class includes, but is not limited to:
- Interacting with the instructor and with other students;
- submitting an academic assignment;
- taking an exam, an interactive tutorial or computer-assisted instruction;
- attending a study group that is assigned by the school;
- participating in an online discussion about academic matters or
- initiating contact with a faculty member to ask a question about the academic subject studied in the course.
Students who do not engage in academically related activities in online courses may endanger their federal financial aid eligibility.
It is a good practice to login to online courses several times a week to stay informed of news, announcements, grades, assignments, and other important course information.