Division of Educational Support Services
The Division of Educational Support Services at Community College of Philadelphia is committed to providing comprehensive academic support programs and services to all students. We provide students with a wide range of academic programs and support services designed to meet their specific needs and insure opportunities for a successful learning experience and achievement of academic excellence:
- Academic Advising provides students the opportunity to collaborate with a faculty advisor to explore academic and vocational goals, and to align these with a curriculum that best meets students' objectives.
- Center on Disability offers students with various disabilities assistance in the form of note-taking, sign language interpretation, as well as digital assistive technology, and more.
- Academic Connections offers non-credit workshops to prepare students to develop one or more college-level skills in reading, writing and mathematics. Placement tests determine a potential student's eligibility.
- The Learning Labs & Student Academic Computing Centers furnish students with computers and printers, as well as one-on-one tutoring and group workshops on various subjects.
- The Library provides books and research journals and periodicals, encyclopedias and other traditional media integral to student learning.
- Placement Tests determine students' qualification for college-level courses.
- TRiO Student Support helps to mentor, guide and support low-income students through counseling, various cultural enrichment activities, tutoring, and through various rewards and incentives.
While the College campus is closed due to COVID-19, please contact us by email:
Monday - Friday: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Joan L. Bush, Dean of Educational Support Services
Debbie Polekoff, Administrative Support Specialist
Christian Hernandez, Operations Support Specialist