Location: Shippensburg, PA
Number of undergraduate students: 5,343 (year)
Type of Institution: Public - Pennsylvania State System of
Higher Education (PASSHE)
Delivery Format: traditional day
Course Equivalency List
Tuition and fees
Schedule a (virtual) visit
Community College of Philadelphia has two types of transfer agreements with Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania: dual admissions and program-to-program. To benefit from these agreements, students must earn an appropriate associate degree before transfer.
Shippensburg University and Community College of Philadelphia have developed a dual admissions agreement. This agreement is designed to assist students who earn an appropriate associate degree to transfer to Shippensburg University. Shippensburg University guarantees admissions on the condition that students meet all the requirements.
Admissions into a particular major is not guaranteed. Upon transfer, students earn junior standing for matching majors. Support and financial incentives, including scholarship awards, are built-in to offer students the best opportunity for success.
Students who do not qualify for dual admissions, are still eligible to transfer to Shippensburg University. Please review the list of approved programs below and visit with a Community College of Philadelphia academic advisor or counselor for further assistance.
These are agreements in which an entire curriculum or program of study is accepted, so graduates of these specific associate degree programs transfer with advanced standing to a matching specific bachelor's degree program at Shippensburg University.
Statewide Transfer Agreement
Students who are not eligible to pursue dual admissions are still eligible to benefit from the Statewide Transfer Agreement.
As one of Pennsylvania’s 14 public universities within the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE), Shippensburg University is a member of the Pennsylvania Statewide Transfer System, dedicated to accepting the transfer of Associate of Arts (A.A.) and Associate of Science (A.S.) degrees into parallel baccalaureate programs with full junior standing, recognizing all the competencies attained within the associate degree programs. The associate degree may integrate courses to satisfy part of a 30-credit framework.
To benefit from this Statewide Transfer program-to-program agreement, students must earn an appropriate associate degree in any of the following Community College of Philadelphia programs before transfer.
- Art and Design
- Business-Accelerated or Business-General
- Communication Studies
- Computer Science
- Education (birth - 4th grade)
- Mass Media
Search for Programs
Dual Admissions Eligibility
Shippensburg University welcomes applicants to the Dual Admissions Program in order to facilitate the transfer of students from Community College of Philadelphia to Shippensburg University with third-year (junior) status for the purpose of entering a bachelor’s degree program.
To be eligible for this program, students must:
- Submit a dual admissions intent form before earning no more than 30 graded college level credits (grades of A, B, C, D, F) from Community College of Philadelphia or any other college/university. Once a student has completed this form, he or she is strongly encouraged to contact a Shippensburg University admissions representative and meet with a Community College of Philadelphia academic advisor or counselor to develop a course-taking strategy.
- Complete the Shippensburg University admissions application and appropriate admissions materials at the beginning of the academic cycle during which the student intends to enroll at Shippensburg University.
- Graduate from Community College of Philadelphia with an Associate in Arts (A.A.), or Associate in Science (A.S.) degree in one of the approved programs listed.
- Earn the minimum final cumulative Community College of Philadelphia GPA and additional requirements required for the specific Shippensburg University program of interest; see Shippensburg University Admissions Criteria chart for details. Only courses with a grade of "C" or higher will be eligible for transfer.
- Enroll directly to Shippensburg University within one year of completing an associate degree program of study from Community College of Philadelphia and not attend another institution between graduation and attendance at Shippensburg University.
To submit a Dual Admissions intent form, login to MyCCP and find “Transfer/Dual Admissions” on the top right side of the MyGPS tab.
- Students who have previously been matriculated to Shippensburg University are not eligible for the Shippensburg University dual admissions program.
- Although all credits in a completed associate degree will transfer, the transfer of D grades will be reviewed in the same manner as the grading policy of native Shippensburg University students so long as the student has earned their A.A. or A.S. degrees with a minimum GPA of 2.00. A student with a grade of D may be required to repeat the course if grades of C of higher are required for major coursework or eligibility to take a course in a sequence requires a C or higher in the required pre-requisite course.
- Students must complete at least 30 of the last 60 credits at Shippensburg University with at least half of the major coursework at Shippensburg University.
- Shippensburg University agrees to waive diagnostic (or placement) testing for Community College of Philadelphia students who have earned a grade of "C" or better in the appropriate college level general education courses in communication (ENGL 101 & 102 ) and computation (at least FNMT 118).
- Shippensburg University agrees to ensure that Community College of Philadelphia students who matriculate under this agreement at Shippensburg University have all of the rights, privileges, and responsibilities of native Shippensburg University students.
- Students who do not complete an appropriate Associate Degree or who have pursued a Community College of Philadelphia associate degree study other than those designated in this Agreement and who wish to transfer to Shippensburg University will not be granted automatic admission under this Agreement. These students are welcome to apply to be considered for admissions on an individual basis; credits will be evaluated on a course-by-course basis.
- Students who are not eligible to pursue dual admissions are still eligible to benefit from the Statewide Transfer Agreement.
Shippensburg University Admissions Criteria
Students must meet all Shippensburg University admissions requirements, including grade point average for their intended major as some majors require special standards and GPA requirements for admission. See chart of requirements for details.
Advantages of Dual Admissions
Students who participate in dual admissions are eligible for the following benefits:
- Application fee to Shippensburg University will be waived.
- Scholarships for dual admissions students enrolled full-time (12 or more credits with an appropriate Community College of Philadelphia cumulative GPA.
- Informational meetings with Shippensburg University staff at Shippensburg University’s campus and Community College of Philadelphia main campus for assistance in matriculating to Shippensburg University.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
Dual Admissions Scholarship
Community College of Philadelphia dual admissions students who earn an approved associate degree and enroll full-time at Shippensburg University will receive an academic scholarship based on their final cumulative Community College of Philadelphia grade point average (GPA) as follows:
Full-time - 12 or more credits a semester
- 3.0 – 4.0 final cumulative GPA = minimum of $4,000/year ($2,000 per semester)
- 2.5 – 2.99 final cumulative GPA = minimum of $2,000/year ($1,000 per semester)
The scholarship is awarded for fall and spring semesters only. Scholarships may be renewed each year for up to 4 years for undergraduate study, contingent upon the student remaining in good academic standing at SU with a 2.8 cumulative GPA.
Students may also be eligible for need-based financial aid and other types of financial aid. All students will be provided financial aid information and receive full consideration for Shippensburg University financial aid upon matriculation.
Shippensburg University agrees to treat CCP students in the same manner as other Shippensburg University students of equal class standing when applying for financial aid and in the award and distribution of funds, subject to appropriate regulations. Students are strongly encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) before May 1st each year to determine if they are eligible for a state grant.
For information concerning transfer, please schedule an appointment to visit a Community College of Philadelphia academic advisor or counselor. Students are also welcome to contact the transfer institution directly.
Community College of Philadelphia
Bonnell Building, BG-12
1700 Spring Garden Street
Philadelphia, PA 19130
Bonnell Building, BG-7
1700 Spring Garden Street
Philadelphia, PA 19130
Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania
Damian Morales, M.S.
Assistant Director of Admissions/
Transfer Articulation Coordinator
Approved Academic Degree Programs
The following Associate in Arts (A.A.) and Associate in Science (A.S.) degree programs at Community College of Philadelphia are approved for program-to-program to Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania.
Students interested in transfer for programs other than those listed should contact a Shippensburg University undergraduate admissions representative and/or meet with a Community College of Philadelphia academic advisor or counselor to discuss an appropriate plan of transfer.
Search by Program
Use the category headers to sort by Community College of Philadelphia program major or Transfer Program major.
|CCP Program||Bachelor Program||Transfer Guidelines|
|Art and Design||Art|
|Art and Design||Art Education Certification|
|Biology||Chemistry, Biochemistry Concentration|
|Biology||Biology Secondary Education Certification|
|Biology||Biology, Clinical Sciences Concentration|
|Biology||Biology, Ecology and Environmental Biology Concentration|
|Biology||Biology, Pre-Health Professions Concentration|
|Biology||Biology, Biotechnology Concentration|
|Business - Accelerated||Business Administration - Marketing||Transfer Guide|
|Business - Accelerated||Supply Chain Management|
|Business - Accelerated||Business Administration - Accounting||Transfer Guide|
|Business - Accelerated||Business Administration - Entrepreneurship||Transfer Guide|
|Business - Accelerated||Business Administration - Finance||Transfer Guide|
|Business - Accelerated||Business Administration - Management||Transfer Guide|
|Business - Accelerated||Business Administration - Management Information Systems||Transfer Guide|
|Business - General||Business Administration - Accounting||Transfer Guide|
|Business - General||Business Administration - Entrepreneurship||Transfer Guide|
|Business - General||Business Administration - Finance||Transfer Guide|
|Business - General||Business Administration - Management||Transfer Guide|
|Business - General||Business Administration - Management Information Systems||Transfer Guide|
|Business - General||Business Administration - Marketing||Transfer Guide|
|Business - General||Supply Chain Management|
|Chemistry||Chemistry, Biochemistry Concentration|
|Chemistry||Chemistry Secondary Education Certification|
|Chemistry||Chemistry, Forensics Concentration|
|Chemistry||Chemistry, Medical Sciences Concentration|
|Chemistry||Chemistry, Pre-Pharmacy Concentration|
|Communication Studies||Human Communication Studies|
|Communication Studies||Communication/Journalism, Electronic Media|
|Communication Studies||Communication/Journalism, Print & Online Media|
|Communication Studies||Communication/Journalism, Public Relations|
|Computer Science||Computer Engineering|
|Computer Science||Computer Science|
|Computer Science||Software Engineering|
|Education: Early Childhood (Birth-4th grade)||Early Childhood Education/Elementary Education: PK-4, Ed.|
|Education: Early Childhood (Birth-4th grade)||Early Childhood Education/Elementary Education: PK-4, Early Childhood Concentration Ed.|
|Education: Early Childhood (Birth-4th grade)||Special Education and Early Childhood Education, Ed.|
|Education: Middle Level (4th to 8th grades)||Elementary/Middle Level Education Grades 4-8 certification, all options|
|Education: Secondary Humanities/Social Studies Education||Art Education Certification|
|Education: Secondary Humanities/Social Studies Education||English with Secondary Education Certification|
|Education: Secondary Humanities/Social Studies Education||French with Secondary Education Certification|
|Education: Secondary Humanities/Social Studies Education||History, Comprehensive Social Studies, Ed.|
|Education: Secondary Humanities/Social Studies Education||Spanish with Secondary Education Certification|
|Education: Secondary Math/Science||Mathematics - Secondary Education Certification|
|Education: Secondary Math/Science||Mathematics and Special Education Certification|
|Education: Secondary Math/Science||Physics Ed. Secondary Education Certification|
|Education: Secondary Math/Science||Chemistry Secondary Education Certification|