Western Governors University (Online)
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Number of undergraduate students: 104,919 (year)
Type of Institution: Private, non-profit
Delivery Format: Online
Tuition and fees
The Community College of Philadelphia has a program-to-program transfer agreement with Western Governors University. To benefit from this Agreement, students must earn an appropriate associate degree before transfer.
Western Governors University uses an online competency-based learning model of teaching and assessment of learning. This means that unlike traditional methods of grading, Western Governors University assesses students based on predetermined "competencies," which focus on outcomes and real-world performance.
These are agreements in which an entire curriculum or program of study is accepted, so graduates of these specific associate degree programs transfer with advanced standing (junior status) into a matching specific bachelor's degree program at Rowan University. To benefit from this agreement, students must earn an appropriate associate degree before transfer.
Under this Agreement, Community College of Philadelphia students shall be admitted to Western Governors University, provided they:
- Graduate from Community College of Philadelphia with an Associate in Arts (A.A.), Associate in Science (A.S.) or Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree in one of the approved programs listed.
- Achieve a minimum cumulative 2.0 Community College of Philadelphia grade point average (GPA). Some academic programs may have higher GPA requirements. See appropriate transfer guide for details.
- Apply to Western Governors University and comply with all Western Governors University admissions application processes.
- Students are responsible for sending Western Governors University official transcripts from Community College of Philadelphia and any other attended institutions attended, including military transcripts. Credit may also be awarded for AP, CLEP, etc. with appropriate documentation. Official professional credential documentation is also required. Developmental courses are not eligible for transfer.
- A minimum grade of “C” is required for a course to transfer into Western Governors University and be applied toward the appropriate college degree. Some licensure programs or state requirements may require a grade of “B” or better - details are noted in the appropriate transfer guide (or as Western Governors University calls them, Transfer Pathways).
- Western Governors University guarantees that all Community College of Philadelphia credits utilized to fulfill approved Community College of Philadelphia programs will fulfill general education, elective, or major requirements (as applicable) for the corresponding Western Governors University major.
- Students who transfer to Western Governors University with less than an associate degree or who have earned a Community College of Philadelphia associate degree in the study other than those designated in this agreement will have their courses evaluated on a course-by-course basis and may be required to take any additional courses necessary to satisfy Western Governors University degree requirements.
Search for Programs and Transfer Guides
Search approved bachelor’s degree majors
Transfer guides (or as Western Governors University calls them, Transfer Pathways) are created and maintained to help students and staff make appropriate course and program choices. These are available through the Western Governors University landing page.
The guides show how the requirements for the appropriate Community College of Philadelphia associate degree transfer to bachelor's degrees at Rowan University. It is, however, possible for program requirements at Community College of Philadelphia or the transfer institution to change without advanced notice.
Students are strongly encouraged to meet with a Western Governors University Admissions Representative and/or a Community College of Philadelphia Academic Advisor or Counselor to develop a course taking strategy to maximize course transferability.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
To encourage Community College of Philadelphia graduates to transfer to Rowan University, Western Governors University agrees to the following:
Western Governors University will waive the application fee for students and staff who apply to Western Governors University.
Western Governors University agrees to offer qualified graduates and staff of Community College of Philadelphia scholarships through the Western Governors University Community College Partnership Scholarship. Scholarships are valued at up to $2,500.00. Recipients will receive a $625.00 tuition credit each term, renewable for up to four (4) terms based on satisfactory academic performance.
Community College of Philadelphia graduates and staff will be awarded financial aid on the same basis as other Western Governors University students and with equal access to all institutional, state, and federal financial aid programs.
For information concerning transfer please schedule an appointment to visit a Community College of Philadelphia academic advisor or counselor. Students are also welcome to contact the transfer institution directly.
Community College of Philadelphia
Bonnell Building, BG-12
1700 Spring Garden Street
Philadelphia, PA 19130
Bonnell Building, BG-7
1700 Spring Garden Street
Philadelphia, PA 19130
Western Governors University
Strategic Partnerships Manager, NJ/PA
Approved Degree Programs and Transfer Guides
The following Associate degree programs at Community College of Philadelphia are approved for program-to-program to Western Governors University.
Students interested in transfer for programs other than those listed should contact a Western Governors University undergraduate admissions representative and/or meet with a Community College of Philadelphia academic advisor or counselor to discuss an appropriate plan of transfer.
Transfer guides are created and maintained to help students and staff make appropriate course and program choices. These are available through the Western Governors University landing page. The guides show how the requirements for the appropriate Community College of Philadelphia associate degree transfer to the bachelor's degree at Western Governors University. It is, however, possible for program requirements at Community College of Philadelphia or the transfer institution to change without advanced notice.
Students are advised to visit with a Community College of Philadelphia academic advisor or counselor for further assistance.
Search by Program
Use the category headers to sort by Community College of Philadelphia program major or Transfer Program major.
|CCP Program||Bachelor Program|
|Business - Accelerated||Business Administration, Human Resource Management|
|Business - Accelerated||Business Administration, Marketing|
|Business - General||Business Administration, Marketing|
|Business - General||Business Administration, Human Resource Management|
|Computer Science||Information Technology|
|Nursing||BS and Post Baccalaureate Certificate, Nursing - RN to MSN track (CCNE, ACEN, or CNEA accredited)|
|Nursing||Nursing (RN to BSN)|