Student Engagement / Student Leadership Development
For general office questions or support, contact Jenavia Weaver, Director of Student Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions related to student leadership (Philadelphia LEADS Leadership Society, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Student Government Association, Vanguard Newspaper, Lion Leader Student Ambassadors), contact Ida Swindle-Jewell at email@example.com.
SUN-SATIONAL SUMMER 2020 VIRTUAL STUDENT PROGRAMMING SERIES
Beat the heat and join us for a weekly series of virtual student programming from
May 18 – August 20, 2020.
Download our series flyer to print out and post on your fridge at home so you never miss out!
MONDAYS, 12 p.m. START TIME: Movie Mondays
Grab your lunch and join us for a fun-filled Netflix Watch Party study break. All you need is access to a Netflix account and the Netflix Party extension to join in on the conversation! The watch party link will be posted in the Pride Portal event description a half-hour prior to showtime.
Movie Schedule: Check the Pride Portal for our full movie schedule.
TUESDAYS, ALL DAY: #CCPpride TikTok Tuesdays
Participate in fun TikTok challenges with Roary!
- Watch Week 1 (May 19) Video – “Duet with Gritty”
- Week 2 (May 26) Video – “Surfin’ Into Summer”
- Week 3 (June 2) – NO POSTING this week out of sensitivity to the nationwide protests
- Week 4 (June 9) – NO POSTING again this week out of sensitivity to the nationwide protests
- Week 5 (June 12) Video – “Black Lives Matter”
- Week 6 (June 26) Video – “A Year In Roarview”
- Week 7 (July 3) Video – “Happy Belated #PrideMonth”
- Week 8 (July 8) Video – “Happy Belated #4thOfJuly”
- Week 9 (July 16) Video – “Roary Video Bombs a #CCPLions Workout”
- Week 10 (July 22) Video – “Rocky Challenge”
- Week 11 (July 28) Video – “Coffee Challenge”
TUESDAYS, 2-3 p.m.: Training Tuesdays
Learn new tips and tricks each week about the Pride Portal.
- Watch Week 1 (May 19): “Introduction to Pride Portal” – Zoom Recording Link (Password: 5E$9#i!h)
- Week 2 (May 26): “Organization Tools Deep-Dive: About, News, Gallery & Documents” – Zoom Recording Link (Password: 1g=mF10+)
- Week 3 (June 2): “Organization Tools Deep-Dive: Roster” – Zoom Recording Link (Password: 7j=^KMlx)
- Week 4 (June 9): “Organization Tools Deep-Dive: Forms” – Zoom Recording Link (Password: 0B%6OxLS)
- Week 5 (June 16): “Organization Tools Deep-Dive: Events” – Zoom Recording Link (Password: 6n$827X+)
- Week 6 (June 23): “Organization Tools Deep-Dive: Elections” – Zoom Recording Link (Password: 4M!2#Am2)
- Week 7 (June 30): "Personal Tools Deep-Dive: Event History, Memberships, Service Hours, & Co-Curricular Transcripts" - Zoom Recording Link (Password: 8U&&*=9#)
- Week 8 (July 7): “Review of Pride Portal Help Support Center” – Zoom Recording Link (Password: 5I=.T+m5):
- Week 9 (July 14): Cancelled
- Week 10 (July 21): “Overview of the Corq Mobile App for Pride Portal” – Zoom Recording Link (Password: Dm@e5vyd)
- Week 11 (July 28): “Open Practice Session: General Help/Support” – No Zoom Recording
WEDNESDAYS: We Connect Wednesdays
Virtual Coffeehouse, 9-10 a.m.
Grab a cup of joe or hot tea and join us to enjoy unstructured time catching up with each other.
LGBTQ Zoom Room, 3-4 p.m.
Join the MarcDavid LGBTQ Center in an affirming virtual space for all LGBTQ students to be themselves and connect with other LGBTQ peers.
THURSDAYS, Noon to 1 p.m.: Try New Things Thursdays
Lunch & Learn: discover something new each week from our talented team members!
- Watch Week 1 (May 21): “Baking Demo – Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies” – Zoom Recording Link (Password: 7q#o8g62)
- Week 2 (May 28): “Mindful Meditation and Positive Affirmations” – Zoom Recording Link (Password: 2g!$GTc=)
- Week 3 (June 4): “Snack Rack and Grady’s Community Garden: Tips on Growing Your Own Food at Home” – Zoom Recording Link (Password: 4p*08P?$)
- Week 4 (June 11): “Cooking Demo – Cauliflower Tots” – Zoom Recording Link (Password: 6m*G90=2)
- Week 5 (June 18): “Lion Nation Match Game” – Zoom Recording Link (Password: 4w%=ei6r)
- Week 6 (June 25): “Cooking Demo – Healthy Fruit Pizzas” – Zoom Recording Link (Password: 6b#7n2y&)
- Week 7 (July 2): “Cooking Demo – Tropical Green Smoothie and Banana Pancakes” – Zoom Recording Link (Password: 9c+^1Xg1)
- Week 8 (July 9): “Cooking Demo – Chocolate Chip Cookies” – Zoom Recording Link (Password: 5J=5e2#5):
- Week 9 (July 16): “Simple Sewing – DIY Masks” – Zoom Recording Link (Password: 6j*vkf5!)
- Week 10 (July 23): “Character Test: Have Fun Using Cartoons and Learn Your Personality Type/Style” – Zoom Recording Link (Password: #0^dcHDH)
- Week 11 (July 30): “Roary’s Jungle Hunt at Home” – No Zoom Recording - Postponed due to “Enough Is Enough: Expression Session” scheduling conflict
3RD THURSDAYS, 7 p.m. START TIME: Thursday Theater: LGBTQ Movie Night
Discuss classic and contemporary LGBTQ films with other LGBTQ folks. All you need is access to a Netflix account and a free Discord account, and you can join in on the conversation!
- 5/21 – The Queen (1968)
- 6/18 – To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar (1995)
- 7/16 – A Secret Love (2020)
- 8/20 – The Half of It (2020)
Contact Our Team:
The staff will continue to respond to inquiries during normal business hours (M-TH, 8:00am-6:00pm).
- Richard Kopp – Assistant Dean of Students –
- Jenavia Weaver – Director, Student Engagement –
- Sajeda Virji – Coordinator of Marketing –
- Vincent Scarfo – Coordinator, LGBTQ Center –
- Dionne Easton – Coordinator, Regional Centers –
- Bernadette McCottry – Office Administrative Associate B –
- Kellie Brown – Office Administrative Associate –
- Ida Swindle-Jewell – Office Administrative Associate B –
- Piseitta Arrington – Technical Craft Specialist B –
For Additional Help and Support or Specific Questions:
- For general department questions or support, including the Pride Portal, Online Orientation, New Student Orientation, Commencement, Ticket Sales Refunds, Co-Curricular Programs, and mascot appearances (Roary), contact Richard Kopp, Assistant Dean of Students, at .
- To submit Common Transfer Applications, contact Bernadette McCottry at .
- For social media inquiries, support, or suggestions, contact Sajeda Virji at .
- For LGBTQ programs and services, contact Vincent Scarfo, MarcDavid LGBTQ Center Coordinator, at or visit our website: https://myccp.online/marcdavid-lgbtq-center.
- For general Student Engagement Regional Center questions or support, contact Dionne Easton, Coordinator, at .
- For general student programming questions or support, contact Jenavia Weaver, Director of Student Engagement, at .
- For questions related to student leadership (Philadelphia LEADS: Leadership Society, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Student Government Association, Vanguard Newspaper, Lion Leader Student Ambassadors), contact Ida Swindle-Jewell at .
- For student club/organization support, contact Piseitta (Pie) Arrington at . Officers should also use this time to update their content and information on their Pride Portal pages. More info/resources on how to use all the administrative tools/features of your page can be found using the links below:
- Use this guide to help you manage the tools/features of your Pride Portal page: https://engagesupport.campuslabs.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016011492-Student-Leader-Resource-Guide
- To add other officers/advisor(s) to the page to give them administrative access, as well as to invite/add your general members to join the page, click here for more information on how to manage your roster: https://engagesupport.campuslabs.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001617606-Roster-Walkthrough
- More resources - check out these brief introductory videos for an overview of the entire system:
- Student Video Tour
- Campus Partners Video Tour