Free Course: How to Succeed in Online Learning
We've created a free online orientation course to give you the tips, tools and resources you need to succeed in online learning. This orientation will introduce you to Canvas, the learning management system you'll use to access the College's online classrooms. And after you finish the course, you will be given the option to be entered into a drawing for a laptop!
We encourage you to use this resource to:
- Understand how to succeed online
- Navigate within Canvas, and customize your settings
- Communicate effectively using the Canvas communication tools
- Turn in assignments and take quizzes
This course has been created as a resource you can use now and return to in the future when you need help with something specific:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Tips for Success Online
- Leroy's Cheat Codes—A Student Shares His Secrets to Success in Online Learning
- What is Canvas?
- What Kind of Equipment Do I Need to Use Canvas?
- How Do I Access Canvas?
- Update Your Profile and Notification Preferences
- Use Your Dashboard
- Where to Go for Help
- Read the Syllabus
- Communicate with Your Instructor and Peers
- Check the Calendar
- Using Modules
- How to Submit Your Assignments
- How to Take a Quiz
- How to Participate in a Discussion and Digital Etiquette
- How to Check Your Grades
- How to Complete a Peer Review Assignment
- How to Organize Your Personal Files on Canvas
- Search Canvas Guides