College life is full of opportunities and challenges. The Counseling Department of Community College of Philadelphia can help you optimize your opportunities and meet your challenges. The College offers free, comprehensive counseling services to all of our students. Our highly qualified and diverse staff provides expertise in career, transfer, academic and personal counseling. Confidentiality is maintained in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Due to rising Covid cases in Philadelphia and throughout the region, the Counseling department will operate on a fully remote schedule through February 14.
Virtual Office Hours and Contact Information
The Counseling department wants to ensure that we can support our students remotely. Services are available by phone, email and zoom appointments.
In addition to appointments, students are encouraged to attend our virtual drop-in hours:
- January 4, 2022-January 21, 2022—Monday through Friday, from 11 am to 1 pm.
- January 24, 2022-April 30, 2022—Monday and Tuesday from 11:00 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Join our virtual drop-in hours for choosing/changing majors, withdrawing/dropping a course and other quick questions
Meet with a Counselor
For academic, career, transfer, and personal counseling, please complete this form for an appointment request, or contact Counseling at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-751-8169. Please include a message with your name, J number, cell phone and/or email, and a counselor will be in touch with you.
All new transfer students, readmit students and students on academic probation must first connect with counselors to register:
- Academic Probation students, please complete this form in order to register, beginning Nov. 1.
- New Transfer students, please complete this form in order to register, beginning Nov. 1.
- Readmit students, please complete this form in order to register, beginning Nov. 1.
Once we receive your request, you will be contacted by our Intake Receptionist or a Counselor about registration and next steps.