Learning Lab Academic Support Services (Tutoring, Workshops and Study Groups)
The Learning Lab faculty and staff will be available to support students through email and through individual and group tutoring sessions.
Virtual Office Hours
Monday through Thursday: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. to 4 p.pm
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Schedule an Online Appointment with a Tutor
Our Learning Lab tutors are not only highly capable of helping you earn better grades, they're also very fun to study with!
The Learning Lab has both faculty specialists and peer tutors with expertise in a broad range of subject areas. We are available online to help answer general questions, guide you through complex ideas, and help you with your study techniques. All tutoring services are FREE. You can schedule up to 60 minutes of tutoring per day.
Tutoring services are available Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m; Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Currently, the Learning Lab offers two types of appointments to students:
- Online is a face-to-face online tutoring session using Zoom. This type of session is most often used for subject tutoring, such as computer technologies, foreign languages, ESL, math and science.
- e-Tutoring sessions allow you to simply upload a document, such as an essay, and identify one part of the writing process you would like help with. The tutor will review the document and provide you with focused written feedback and guidance on how to improve your writing.
How to Access Tutoring Online
The Learning Lab offers a comprehensive system of support, ranging from help in a specific course to detailed instruction in writing and study skills. The primary modes of support are peer-based individual and group tutoring.
Video-Chat Online appointments will be interactive and meet face-to-face using Zoom.
E-tutoring appointments will be asynchronous - submit a question or a problem by email; a tutor will respond within 24 hrs (1 business day).
E-Tutoring Rules and Expectations
Students may schedule up to 12 appointments per week, per subject and in any combination of E-tutoring and Video-Chat, Online Video-Chat, or Online Writing Center submissions. Appointments may be requested up to 2 weeks (13 days) in advance. Same day appointments may be requested up to 4 hours before the start time of the session. Requests received within the 4-hour window will be rejected. Only requests received from student.ccp.edu email addresses will be accepted. Requests sent from all other email address domains will be rejected.
After sending in a request for tutoring, students can expect one of the following responses:
- A response acknowledging receipt of your request, informing you that your request has NOT been accepted. In this case the email you receive will contain information regarding alternate times your request could be accommodated
- A response acknowledging receipt of your request, informing you that your request has been accepted. In this case, you will receive a response confirming your appointment, including next steps.*
*For online Video-Chat appointments, the link to your Zoom meeting may be sent up to the start time of your session
Late Policy: Students who are more than 10 minutes late to an appointment forfeit the time slot.
Cancellation/No Show Policy: Appointments can be canceled via email up to 90 minutes before the scheduled session time. Appointments that are canceled within the 90-minute window will be marked as missed. Three missed appointments will result in limited tutoring appointments.
How to Schedule Your Tutoring Appointment
- Login to MyCCP
- Click on the “Student Quick Links” menu under MyCCP Quick Links
- Click “Schedule an online tutoring appointment”
- Next, select a schedule using the drop down menu after the current week's dates. Choose one of the following:
- Subject Tutoring—for content specific support
- Computer Lab—to reserve a computer on Main Campus
- Writing Center—for writing support only (not content specific)
- Using the “Limit to”dropdown menu to select the subject and course you need help with
- Select a white box at the time you'd like to schedule your tutoring session
- Complete the questions in the popup window, allowing the tutor to prepare before your session
- Answer the questions and click “Create Appointment”
An email will be sent to your CCP email account to confirm your reservation.
How to Access Your Tutoring Session
Option 1: You can hover over the “Welcome”message. This will display your appointments. Select the session you are there to join.
Option 2: Click on the orange box corresponding to your appointment day and time. Next, click on "Start or Join Online Consultation." Once you have made contact with your tutor, they may ask that your appointment be conducted via Zoom and provide you with the meeting ID number.
Remember to check your phone and your CCP email regularly, as we may need to contact you with important updates regarding your appointment.
You can expect
- Feedback about formatting, citing sources, assignment directions, clarity, and grammar – or any other area of focus indicated by the student – will be noted as comment(s) in paper submission.
- A list of next steps to guide you in making changes to your paper (in body of email response).
- A short message from the Writing Center tutor (in body of email response).
You may have to wait up to 1 business days to receive your paper back. Please keep checking your student.ccp.edu email. We will work diligently to get your paper back to you as quickly as possible.
*This page will be updated frequently. Please check back for details on group tutoring sessions and drop-in hours.