College life is full of opportunities and challenges. The Counseling Department of Community College of Philadelphia can help you optimize your opportunities and meet your challenges. The College offers free, comprehensive counseling services to all of our students. Our highly qualified and diverse staff provides expertise in career, transfer, academic and personal counseling. The information discussed with counselors is kept strictly confidential.
Virtual Office Hours and Contact Information
Hours: Monday - Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
As public health concerns surrounding COVID-19 continue to grow the Counseling department wants to ensure that we can support our students remotely. Services are available by phone, email and zoom appointments.
Meet with a Counselor
For Academic, Career, transfer and personal counseling please email email@example.com or call 215-751-8169, please include a message with your name, J number, cell phone and/or email and a counselor will be in touch with you.
All-new, transfer students, readmit students and students on academic probation must first connect with counselors to register.
- 3/23/2020: Academic Probation student’s registration begins. Please complete this form in order to register
- 3/30/2020: New Transfer student’s registration begins. Please complete this form in order to register.
- 3/30/2020: Readmit student’s registration begins. Please complete this form in order to register.
Once we receive your request, you will be contacted by a Counselor about registration and next steps.
Coping During Covid-19
- National Suicide Hotline 24/7: 1-800-273-8255 (En Español1-800-628-9454)
- Philadelphia Crisis 24 Hour Suicide Crisis & Intervention: 267-687-4381
- Crisis Text Line 24/7: TEXT HOME to 741741 or message on FaceBook
- Temple University Crisis Response Center 24/7: 215-707-2577
- Domestic Violence Hotline 24/7: 1-866-723-3014
- Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline – 24/7 and confidential. Call, text, chat 1-800-422-4453
- National Sexual Assault Hotline – 24/7 talk or chat 1-800-656-4673
Self-Care During COVID-19
- The Hope Center for College, Community and Justice – List of local and national resources available to college student to assist with money, food, shelter, reduce bills and more:
- Resources to reduce fear and anxiety and increase sleep during uncertain times:
- In need of emotional supports:
- Ayana - Online Therapy for Marginalized & Intersectional Communities
- Support Text Line for persons of color: TEXT “STEVE” to 741741
- Support phone/text/chat for LGBTQ Community ages 13-24 1-866-488-7386 – available 24/7
- Muslim Crisis Text Line: TEXT “SALAM” to 741741
- Asian American Suicide Hotline: Call 1-877-990-8585, Asian LifeNet Hotline (24 hours)
(Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, Fujianese are offered)
- If you need support for your mental health or dealing with an addiction:
- Live-Well Foundation – Provides support services for those who live with depression and anxiety (virtual services are available) https://www.livewell-foundation.org
- Many in-person support groups have moved online. For example, search for an Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous virtual group.
- Free Streaming Workouts to do from Home
- Online Study Habits: https://myccp.online/how-access-virtual-student-support-services/news/2020/03/adjusting-your-study-habits-during-covid-19
- Temple University Collaborative – 20 Apps for Student Success
- Ohio University has both general online study tools and specific areas of study:
Specific Areas of Study:
- Oregon State Academic Success Center – Learning Corner provides information on topics such as online learning, time management, study skills, stress reduction, procrastination and more: https://success.oregonstate.edu/learning/all-worksheets
Health & Wellness:
- Relaxation Techniques for Stress Relief:
- Sleep Disturbances:
Specific for COVID-19 - https://www.virusanxiety.com/post/i-can-hardly-sleep-i-m-just-thinking-a-lot-about-covid-19-what-can-i-do
General Tips for Sleep - https://www.helpguide.org/articles/sleep/getting-better-sleep.htm
- Free Online Meditation Resources:
- Free Streaming Workouts to do From Home