Gateway to College
The Gateway to College program, in partnership with the School District of Philadelphia, gives students who have at one point disengaged from high school the opportunity to earn a high school diploma while achieving college success.
- Must be between the ages of 16 and 21
- Not currently attending school and have been out of school for at least 3- 6 months
- Must live within the boundaries of the School District of Philadelphia
- Must read at an eighth grade level or higher, as determined by an academic assessment administered by Gateway staff at the time of intake
Gateway to College at Community College of Philadelphia is a program for out-of-school Philadelphia youth between the ages of 16-21 who have not finished high school but have a desire to get back on track to earn a diploma and more. What makes Gateway to College unique is that students simultaneously accumulate high school and college credits, earning their high school diploma while advancing toward an associate’s degree or certificate.
Gateway provides numerous support services to help students achieve academic success in a college environment, including:
- Dedicated staff to act as mentors and coaches
- Special Education supports as needed
- Personal counseling and guidance
- Tutoring, student activities and career planning
Check back for upcoming events.
How to Apply
Please call 215.751.8246 or email email@example.com to request an application.