Learning Lab Tutoring – Services starting Tuesday January 19, 2021
The Learning Lab offers a comprehensive system of support, ranging from help in a specific course to detailed instruction in writing and study skills. The primary modes of support are peer-based individual and group tutoring.
**All tutoring support will take place virtually for the Spring 2021 semester**
- Video-Chat Online appointments will be interactive and meet face-to-face using Zoom.
- E-tutoring appointments will be asynchronous - submit a question or a problem by email;
a tutor will respond within 24 hrs (1 business day).
Only requests received from your student.ccp.edu email address for E-tutoring appointments and Online Video-Chat appointments will be accepted. Any requests received from an external email address will not be accepted and you will be notified accordingly.
Guidelines for submitting appointment requests for either E-tutoring or OnlineVideo-Chat:
Scheduling Online Tutoring Appointments:
Students: The Learning Lab offers you online tutoring support this Spring!
Welcome to the Spring Session of 2021.
The Learning Lab is excited to offer a new user-friendly and improved online scheduling system—WCONLINE. You will be able to schedule and view your own appointments at your convenience 24/7. The online environment will provide you the opportunity to choose a specific tutor on a first-come, first-served basis. Files and questions can be uploaded prior to the tutoring session to provide a quality tutoring experience. You and your instructor will be able to receive feedback to assist you in making progress. The Learning Lab is the place to be for providing the assistance needed to achieve academic success and accomplish your career goals.
Who are we? The Learning Lab has both faculty specialists and peer tutors with expertise in a broad range of subject areas. We will work with you to help clarify difficult concepts and reinforce course content. Tutors are available to help answer general questions, guide you through complex ideas, and even assist in refining your study techniques.
Ready to get started? You can schedule an appointment in the MyCCP portal via one of two ways:
(1) Click on the “Access an online tutoring appointment” link under “Student Quick Links” on the portal landing page or
(2) By clicking on the bold “Scheduling Tutoring/Computer Labs Link” on the Student Tab.
Once on the scheduling landing page, you will need to first select an available schedule from the drop-down menu after the weekly dates on the scheduling landing page. The Spring 2021 available schedules are – ESL Tutoring or Subject Tutoring. You can make an appointment in your subject area (for example, CHEM 110, FNMT 118, or ESL 092) by choosing a subject from the “Limit to” drop-down menu and scrolling to your course. ESL Tutoring is only for students currently enrolled in ESL English courses. For help with (non-ESL) English classes or assistance with any part of the writing process for your writing assignments in any subject area, choose Subject Tutoring. You can schedule up to 12 appointments per week, per subject.
Accessing Scheduled Online Tutoring Appointments:
(1) Click on the “Access an online tutoring appointment” link and then select the block where the scheduled appointment was made.
(1) When the appointment window opens, then click the "Start or Join Online Consultation" link to join the tutor in Zoom.
See you there!
Students who are more than 10 minutes late to an appointment forfeit the time slot.
Cancellation/No Show Policy:
Appointments can be canceled via email up to 90 minutes before the scheduled session time. Appointments that are canceled within the 90-minute window will be marked as missed. Three missed appointments will result in limited tutoring appointments.
Tutoring is currently available for the following subjects:
- Accounting: 101, 102, 201, 202, 206
- Allied Health: 101, 103
- Anthropology: 101, 112
- American Sign Language: 101
- Biology: 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 123, 124, 211, 241, 281
- Chemistry: 101, 102, 103, 105, 110, 118, 121, 122, 221, 222
- Computer Information Systems: 103, 105, 106, 114, 130, 150, 205, 228, 230, 244
- Computer Science: 111, 112, 211, 213
- English: 098, 099, 101, 102, 106, 108, 114, 115, 116, 205, 271, 272
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- French: 101, 102
- Foundational Math: 016, 017, 019, 118
- Geography: 103
- History: 101, 102, 103
- Japanese: 101, 102
- KAPLAN: MATH, Writing
- Mathematics: 121, 123, 133, 137, 150, 151, 152, 161, 162, 163, 171, 172, 251, 263, 270, 271, 272
- Nursing: 101-MATH, 132-MATH, 231-MATH, 232-MATH, Nursing-Writing
- Nutrition: 111
- Philosophy: 101
- Paralegal Studies: 101, 111, 115, 121
- Political Science: 101
- Psychology: 167
- Respiratory Care: 101-MATH, 110-MATH
- Science, Technology and Society: 101
- Sociology: 101
- Spanish: 101, 102, 201, 202
Learning Lab Hours for Spring Session (All Tutoring is Online)
Monday – Thursday, 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.