Student and Alumni Resources
We’re here to help! Career Connections offers you the job search resources and services that prepare you for internships and employment during your time at the College and after graduation. Through relationships with employers, we are able to alert you to upcoming job and internship openings, and prepare you for these opportunities.
Career Threads is a resource that provides students and alumni with business attire to help you look the part and feel your best on job interviews. It is open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Appointments are not necessary. Students may select two outfits per semester (complete with accessories and shoes, if available) per semester. Career Threads is located inside of the Center for Business and Industry, Room C1-34.
Carve out your ideal career path and discover new job opportunities
Career Connections can also assist students and alumni by providing access and support to the following resources:
- Hot Job Alerts that tell you what employers are actively hiring, information about these companies and insider tips on maximizing your chances of getting hired
- In-person and online workshops
- Online resources for career research, including Pathful Explore
- Event & Resource information, Big Interview, Pathful Explore, Bureau of Labor Statistics and O’Net Assessments (via Pathful Explore)
- Handshake, our job search and internship tool, that will help you search for and apply to opportunities
- Computer lab access to work on résumés, cover letters and your job search
Career Connections also helps Work-Study students find positions on or off campus.
For instructions on how to utilize Handshake, Pathful Explore and Virtual job shaddow please visit our Online Resources page.
Two-year Career Action Plan
Visit the Career Connections Department in Room C1-34 or BG-24.
Login to your MyCCP account and click on Career Connections to gain immediate access to customized jobs, internships, résumé templates & so much more!
Write down your work experiences, transferable skills and bring it to Career Connections where one of our staff members can help you develop and/or enhance your cover letter and résumé.
Activate your Pathful Explore account—login to MyCCP, click on the “Student” tab and then click on Career Connections under Quick Links.
Go to the Career Connections webpage and sign up for an Empowerment Workshop to increase your career readiness.
- Complete at least one online assessment through Virtual Job Shadow (login to your MyCCP account and click on Pathful Explore).
- Stop by Career Connections to search for internship opportunities, or access Virtual Job Shadow to search for internships and develop a career plan.
- Identify a career mentor who can provide you with guidance and feedback on your ideas and career goals.
- Make an appointment to discuss your résumé, cover letter and/or job search strategy.
- Attend an Empowerment Workshop.
- Attend Spring Job Fair Week and any other on-campus recruitment activities with employers.
- Research at least five companies you would like to work for and bring any questions you may have to Career Connections.
- Update your résumé and cover letter to include your most recent employment, relevant courses for your career path and/or internship experiences.
- Develop a list of contacts for your career networking strategy.
- Check the Empowerment Workshop calendar for any new career needs.
- Complete an online mock interview using Big Interview.
- Identify 25 job opportunities that you would like to apply for throughout the city and region.
45 or more credits
- Increase the frequency of your job alerts through Handshake.
- Develop your job search blueprint and make an appointment with a member of the Career Connections staff to assess its effectiveness.
- Attend Career Connections workshops to perfect your interview and employment skills
- Open up a LinkedIn account with your headshot.
- CELEBRATE-you did it!
What is Career Readiness?
Career Readiness is the demonstration of workplace competencies that broadly prepare individuals for a successful transition into the workplace. Career Connections actively participates in the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) to help students develop many of the following career readiness characteristics needed to succeed
Effective Oral/Written Communication
Clearly articulate thoughts and ideas through written and oral forms of communication to internal and external audiences.
The ability to work together and build relationships with colleagues and customers who represent diverse cultures, races, ages, genders, religions and viewpoints.
Influence and encourage the strength of others to achieve common goals and use interpersonal skills to coach and develop others.
Demonstrate personal accountability and effective work habits, e.g. punctuality, working productively with others and workload management.
Critical Thinking/ Problem Solving
Exercise the use of sound reasoning to analyze issues, make decisions and overcome problems.
Information Tech Application
Identify and select appropriate technology to accomplish a given task. Apply computing skills to solve problems.
Identify and articulate one’s skills, strengths, knowledge and experiences relevant to the position desired and career goals.
Diversity and Inclusion
Demonstrate the awareness, attitude, knowledge, and skills required to equitably engage and include people from different local and global cultures. Engage in anti-racist practices that actively challenge the systems, structures, and policies of racism.