How to Change Your Major
- Identify one advisor for the major you want to change to from the Find Your Advisor grid.
- Locate the email address for the advisor on the Meet Advisors & Staff tab.
- Using your CCP email, contact the advisor with the subject “Change of Major” and include the major you would like to change to and your J number.
- Only contact one advisor! Sending requests to multiple advisors could delay the process.
- There are certain majors that an academic advisor cannot change for students due to entry requirements or an application process. The advisor will provide you with further details.
- Once the advisor has processed the request, you will receive an email to your CCP account from firstname.lastname@example.org with steps to follow on how to electronically sign and approve your major change.
- If you do not fill out the form within 30 days, the link will expire, and you will need to reach out to an advisor again to start the process over.
You do not need an appointment to change your major, but we do recommend students connect with their advisor at least once a semester to confirm that the courses selected for registration align with their major.