Free Course: How to Succeed in Online Learning
We've created a free online orientation course to give you the tips, tools and resources you need to succeed in online learning. This orientation will introduce you to Canvas, the learning management system you'll use to access the College's online classrooms. And after you finish the course, you will be given the option to be entered into a drawing for a laptop!
We encourage you to use this resource to:
- Understand how to succeed online
- Navigate within Canvas, and customize your settings
- Communicate effectively using the Canvas communication tools
- Turn in assignments and take quizzes
This course has been created as a resource you can use now and return to in the future when you need help with something specific:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Tips for Success Online
- Leroy's Cheat Codes—A Student Shares His Secrets to Success in Online Learning
- What is Canvas?
- What Kind of Equipment Do I Need to Use Canvas?
- How Do I Access Canvas?
- Update Your Profile and Notification Preferences
- Use Your Dashboard
- Where to Go for Help
- Read the Syllabus
- Communicate with Your Instructor and Peers
- Check the Calendar
- Using Modules
- How to Submit Your Assignments
- How to Take a Quiz
- How to Participate in a Discussion and Digital Etiquette
- How to Check Your Grades
- How to Complete a Peer Review Assignment
- How to Organize Your Personal Files on Canvas
- Search Canvas Guides
Prefer a Guided Tour?
Get ready for the Fall 2020 semester. RSVP for a Zoom session to learn about Canvas (CCP’s online learning management system) and how to best navigate online courses. To reserve a spot, please email Mr. Logrono or Mr. McNeill at the email listed:
- Wednesday, September 16 at 10 a.m. RSVP to email@example.com
- Wednesday, September 16 at 7:30 p.m. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friday, September 18 at 11 a.m. RSVP to email@example.com
- Monday, September 21 at 11 a.m. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wednesday, September 23 at 10 a.m. RSVP to email@example.com
- Friday, September 25 at 11 a.m. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wednesday, September 30 at 10 a.m. RSVP to email@example.com
- Wednesday, September 30 at 7:30 p.m. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friday, October 2 at 11 a.m. RSVP to email@example.com