Academic Advising at Community College of Philadelphia supports students' lifelong learning by guiding them, as stated in the College's mission statement, through "greater insight into their strengths, needs, and aspirations."
Academic Advising provides students the opportunity to collaborate with a faculty advisor to explore academic and vocational goals, and to align these with a curriculum that best meets students' objectives.
Find Your Advisor(s)
|Accounting||Cameo, Jason, Stephanie, Kristen, Khalica|
|Art & Design||Sherice, Kathryn|
American Sign Lan
|Applied Science and Technology||Sherice, Kathryn|
|Automotive Tech||Jason, Stephanie, Kristen|
|Behavioral Health/Human Services||Brenda, Cameo, Maddie, Khalica, Raven|
|Black Studies||Sherice, Kathryn, Raven|
|Biology||Sherice, Kathryn, Raven|
|Building Science||Sherice, Kathryn|
|Business (General/Administration)||Brenda, Cameo, Jason, Stephanie, Kristen, Khalica, Raven|
|Business Leadership||Cameo, Jason, Stephanie, Kristen, Khalica|
|CIST||Jason, Stephanie, Kristen|
|Clinical Assistant PC||Erika,Tomi, Kim|
|Communications Studies||Sherice, Kathryn, Raven|
|Comp Science||Jason, Stephanie, Kristen|
|Construction Management||Sherice, Kathryn|
|Criminal Justice||Cameo, Maddie, Khalica|
|Culinary Arts||Cameo, Jason, Stephanie, Kristen, Khalica|
|Culture, Science & Tech||Erika,Tomi, Kim|
|Cybersecurity||Jason, Stephanie, Kristen|
|Dental Hygiene||Erika,Tomi, Kim|
|Diagnostic Medical Imaging||Erika, Tomi, Kim|
|Digital Forensics||Jason, Stephanie, Kristen|
|Digital Video Production||Sherice, Kathryn|
|Education, Early Child||Cameo, Maddie, Khalica|
|Education, Secondary Humanities/Social||Brenda, Maddie|
|Education, Secondary Math/Science||Brenda, Maddie|
|Engineering Science||Sherice, Kathryn|
|Facilities Management||Sherice, Kathryn|
|Fashion Merchandising & Marketing||Cameo, Jason, Stephanie, Kristen, Khalica|
|Fire Science||Jason, Stephanie, Kristen|
|Health Care Studies||Brenda, Cameo, Erika,Tomi, Kim, Khalica|
|Health ServicesMgmt||Erika,Tomi, Kim|
|International Studies||Sherice, Kathryn|
|Interior Design||Sherice, Kathryn|
|Liberal Arts||Brenda, Sherice, Kathryn, Raven|
|Liberal Arts - Honors||Sherice, Kathryn|
|Liberal ArtsSoc/Beh||Sherice, Kathryn, Raven|
|Mass Media||Sherice, Kathryn, Raven|
|Medical Insurance Billing PC||Erika,Tomi, Kim|
|Medical Lab Tech||Erika,Tomi, Kim|
|Music Performance||Sherice, Kathryn|
|Network TechMgmt||Jason, Stephanie, Kristen|
|OpthalmicTech PC||Erika,Tomi, Kim|
|Paralegal Studies||Brenda, Cameo, Maddie, Khalica|
|Patient Service Rep PC||Erika,Tomi, Kim|
|Photographic Imaging||Sherice, Kathryn|
|Religious Studies||Sherice, Kathryn|
|Respiratory Care Tech||Erika,Tomi, Kim|
|Sound Recording and Music Tech||Sherice, Kathryn|
|Technical Studies||Jason, Stephanie, Kristen|
|Tourism and Hospitality Management||Cameo, Jason, Stephanie, Kristen, Khalica|
News & Announcements
Available to current CCP students in good academic standing, the Virtual Check-in service is available to you to answer quick, general questions about academic policies and procedures. Check back soon for a schedule of check-in sessions.
1. I have a pin number on my record when I try to register, what does this mean?
Pin numbers are removed by Academic Advisors for new students once it is confirmed that you have been admitted to the college, received placement, and filled out the New Student Advising Intake form.
2. I do not have a Starfish account, why can’t I schedule an appointment?
Welcome to CCP! Following are resources to help you complete the enrollment process. It is very important that you follow all of the steps before you can register for classes. Once you have completed these steps, you will receive registration instructions from the Office of Academic Advising. If you have any questions about this process, please email and include your J number.
When registering and checking your Fall 2020 schedule, you may see two types of classes: synchronous and fully online (asynchronous).
- A synchronous class requires that you are online with your professor and classmates on the days at the times listed for the class. Not all classes have synchronous sections.
- A fully online class (also referred to as asynchronous) will not have days and times during which you must be online with your professor and classmates. You can log on when it works for you. These are how CCP’s typical distance education classes have operated in the past. You will still have assignment deadlines to meet!
Registering for synchronous classes
Within our Banner registration system, synchronous classes will have days highlighted and times listed next to them.
This is an example of a synchronous class:
- Identify one advisor for the major you want to change to from the Find Your Advisor grid.
- Locate the email address for the advisor on the Meet Advisors & Staff tab.
- Using your CCP email, contact the advisor with the subject “Change of Major” and include the major you would like to change to and your J number.
- Only contact one advisor! Sending requests to multiple advisors could delay the process.
- There are certain majors that an academic advisor cannot change for students due to entry requirements or an application process. The advisor will provide you with further details.
We’re here to support you in reaching your goals.
Zoom is a video conferencing software that allows for video and audio communication for all meetings.
The Office of Academic Advising offers two options for student appointments which allows you to receive academic advising services from anywhere you have internet or phone access:
- Video conferencing appointments online with ZOOM
- Phone appointments
During an advising appointment an academic advisor can:
1. Go to ccp.edu. Hover over Academic Offerings to see a menu, and then click Course Finder.
2. Click Developmental Course Search.
3. Select the Term you would like to register for and Engl as a Second Lang (ESLP).
1. Log in to MyCCP. If you don’t know your username and password, click the “Student First Time User/Password Retrieval” link and follow the instructions.
2. The first screen shown is your Home screen. To access the registration links, click on the Student tab.
3. Click on “Enrollment Services,” then click on the “Search for Courses/Register Online” link.
4. Click on “Register (CCP STUDENTS ONLY)”
What is an academic advisor?
An academic advisor is someone who provides both academic advice and guidance to students based on their individual needs. An academic advisor assists students with identifying and clarifying their academic, transfer, and career goals. Academic advisors ensure that students follow the degree or certificate requirements for a specific program and that they are aware of the college’s academic policies and procedures.
How do I figure out who my advisor is?
Your academic advisor depends on your major. You may see an advisor listed in My Degree Path next to Advisor and in Starfish Connect under Network (you’ll see his or her picture there too). If you don’t see an advisor listed there, you can use the Find Your Advisor search tool on Academic Advising’s website.
- 1 of 3
- next ›