*Attention students, faculty, staff and administrators*: If you are interested in volunteering in the 2019-20 academic year, please email Michael Miles at firstname.lastname@example.org (our volunteer sign up page is currently down)
To view opportunities and upcoming events, continue to read below.
UPCOMING VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES - 2019-20 (sign up above)
- September 1 - 16 - Back to School Supply and Toiletries Donation Drive to benefit Adopt-A-School Program
- September 10 and 11 - Volunteer Orientation in S2-3. Grab a free lunch and learn about upcoming opportunities. 9/10- from 10:30 AM until 12:30 PM and 9/11 from 12:30 PM - 2:30 PM
- September 14 - 29 - Volunteer with Opera Philadelphia!
- September 17- Come and be trained at the Census Champions Training to Volunteer as a Census Champion in C2-28 beginning at 9:40 AM!
- Septemer 24- Join us to volunteer at our National Voter Registration Day Pep Rally in the Bonnell Building
- Ongoing - Adopt A School Program Volunteers Needed (Paid opportunity for those who qualify for Work Study)
- Ongoing - Become a Volunteer CPR Trainer
- Ongoing - Join the College Volunteer Council, Student Organization!
- Ongoing - Junior Achievement Step to Success - Tour 3rd graders around campus
- Ongoing - Volunteer at Sankofa Community Farm - Mentor, Mulch, Plant and Grow (Paid opportunity for those who qualify for Work Study)
PREVIOUS OPPORTUNITIES THIS YEAR INCLUDED
- January 24 - Homeless Youth Count - Surveying Young Adults in an effort to address youth homelessness in Philadelphia (Project Completed)
- February 28 - First Book Project - Help us sort and distribute books for Philadelphia students in grades K-12. (Project Completed)
- March 21 - April 22 Participate in a Personal Care donation drive benefiting the children at our Adopt-A-School Program at Spring Garden School - Toiletry items needed to make 50 personal care kits! Drop off items in room S303H (main campus) - toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, sanitary napkins, & lotion, laundry pods and dryer sheets
- April 6 - Philly Spring Clean Up | 8:30 AM - 1 PM | Location: Main Campus - Meet at President's Lot
- April 22 - PABJ Mayoral Forum | Assistant Student Producers Needed from 6 - 9 PM | Location: Main Campus, Bonnell Building Large Auditorium
- April 25 - Volunteer with us at the Farm! Planters, Weeders, Seeders are needed at Bartram's Garden Farm in Southwest Philadelphia!
- April 30 - Volunteer Appreciation Pizza Party!
- May 20 - Get Out the Vote with SEAMAAC, Volunteer for GOTV Phone Bank from 4-6 PM in the Cube
- May 23 - Join us for Junior Achievement's Step to Success Event, touring 3rd graders on campus from the School District of Philadelphia from 9 AM - 1 PM (Criminal History and Child Abuse Clearances are required)
- May 29 - Volunteer for Spring Garden School's 3rd Grade Classroom Visit to Campus!
- June 12 - Volunteer for the Census Job Fair at CCP in the Bonnell Lobby from 10 AM - 2 PM
- June 25 - Volunteer to be a panelist during AIDS Education Month at CCP - share your experiences
- June 25 - Help high school students enrolled in the ACE Summer Program learn about CCP!
- June 27 - Help students from Parkway Center City Middle College Highschool get to know CCP
ADOPT A SCHOOL PROGRAM: SPRING GARDEN SCHOOL
The College has adopted Spring Garden School! We serve 300 k - 8th graders in a variety of ways. The Institute is currently supporting the school with upcoming volunteer opportunities and donations.
WORK STUDY FARM FELLOWSHIP: The Sankofa Farm @ Bartram's Garden
- Assist in overseeing students in a variety of farm chores, e.g., seeding, weeding, harvesting, and set-up and management of youth-run farm stands.
- Facilitate lessons about culturally appropriate foodways, professional skills, conflict resolution, and community health and wellness.
- Reinforce program expectations, serving as a positive role mdel, and encouraging the formation of professional relationships.
Farm Physical Demands: Must be physically able to participate in outdoor crop field-work for multiple hours in varied weather conditions; must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; operate general office and farm equipment.
JUNIOR ACHIEVEMENT STEP TO SUCCESS
JA Step to Success (JASTS) develops a foundation of college aspiration among 3rd grade students in the School District of Philadelphia.
JASTS volunteers guide students on a visit through a local campus to gain a better understanding of student life. Volunteers are provided with a guide to assist students in visualizing themselves on campus and beginning to understand key college terms. Ideal volunteers would be faculty, current students or alumni who are interested in inspiring students to believe in themselves, and showing them that college is a reality. Background clearances and training are required.
- DATE OF SERVICE/VOLUNTEER ACTIVITY: Fall 2019
- TIME: TBD
- LOCATION: On Campus