Protocol for Confirmed or Suspected COVID-19 On Campus
COVID-19 Isolation and Exposure Protocols
Revised August 23, 2022
Members of the College community who have a positive COVID-19 test or COVID-19 symptoms should report that information to the College’s COVID Response Team at the COVID hotline at 215 751-8035 (Press “Option 1” for COVID inquiries, then press “Option 1” if you are an employee, or “Option 2” if you are a student) or via email COVIDresponse@ccp.edu. Contractors or visitors who have recently visited the College may also report COVID-19 symptoms or exposure to the COVID hotline or COVIDresponse@ccp.edu. Any individuals that fall into any of these categories should be directed to seek medical advice and follow the return to campus protocols as set forth below.
Protocol After Exposure to COVID-19
The College community should follow the below protocols recommended by the CDC after coming in close contact with someone with COVID-19, regardless of your vaccination status.
- Wear a mask. You must wear a well-fitting mask around others for 10 days from the date of your last close contact with someone with COVID-19. (Note: if you cannot separate from the person with COVID-19 (e.g., spouse, child, intimate partner), you must continue to wear a mask for an additional 10 days after that person ends their isolation).
- Get tested and watch for symptoms. Get tested at least 5 days after you last had close contact with someone with COVID-19.
- Even if you test negative, you should continue to mask for the full 10 days after exposure.
- If you test positive or develop COVID-19 symptoms, isolate from other people and follow the recommendations below for positive individuals. (Note: if you cannot separate from the person with COVID-19 (e.g., spouse, child, intimate partner), you need to test twice – three days after the person with COVID-19 tested positive or developed symptoms, and again five days after the person with COVID-19’s isolation ends).
- Note: If you tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 90 days, follow the CDC's guidance for testing
Protocol if You Have COVID-19 Symptoms or Test Positive for COVID-19
If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, stay home and get tested as soon as possible. Remain home until your test results come back. If you test positive, follow the isolation protocols below.
If you tested positive for COVID-19, please follow the isolation protocols below:
- Stay home for at least 5 days
- Ending isolation if you had symptoms
- End isolation after 5 full days if you are fever-free for 24 hours (without the use of fever-reducing medication) and your symptoms have improved.
- Note: If you had moderate or severe illness, you should isolate for 10 days.
- Ending isolation if you did NOT have symptoms
- End isolation after Day 5.
- Even if you end isolation, you must continue to mask around others for 10 full days after you tested positive or developed symptoms.
- If you continue to experience symptoms after Day 5, continue to isolate
- If you are continuing to experience symptoms after Day 5, remain at home and continue to isolate for 5 more days and until you are fever-free for 24 hours (without the use of fever-reducing medication) and your symptoms have improved.
Day 0 is your first day of symptoms or a positive test result. Day 1 is the first full day after your symptoms developed or your test specimen was collected. Individuals with questions about how long they should isolate can contact COVIDresponse@ccp.edu.
The testing site at Main Campus will remain open through Aug. 31, 2022, for symptomatic and voluntary testing. Check the College’s testing site hours. Employees and students may get tested at the College’s testing site on Main Campus if they have COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
Effective September 1, students and employees can be tested at free testing sites in Philadelphia. The College’s insurance for employees will also cover the cost of a COVID test at an in-network provider or pharmacy. Free at-home tests are also available from the federal government at https://www.covid.gov/tests. Students or employees who have difficulty locating a COVID-19 test kit can reach out to COVIDresponse@ccp.edu.
The College will ensure that all communications and records related to contact tracing or testing are considered private and only shared with persons who have a need to know such information. All records should be stored in a private location and, if related to an employee, may not be stored in their personnel file.