Welcome back to the Spring 2021 semester. Although the semester will look different than it has in the past, we remain excited to see our students continue on the path to student success. Because things are different this year, we wanted to take a moment to remind you all of student expectations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
As you begin class next week, please review the Campus COVID-19 Safety Expectations for Students.
With contraction rates still high in the Philadelphia area, it is vital that we continue to practice safety measures to the best of our ability. Keeping our entire campus community as safe as possible must remain in the forefront of our minds.
For those taking in-person courses or needing to come to campus for any other reason, please remember to:
- Complete the COVID-19 Screening Form in the MyCCP Portal each day before you come to campus
- If your answer to any of the questions on the form is “Yes,” please do not report to Campus, and instead notify your instructor
- Wear a mask at all times around campus
- Stay home if you are feeling ill, if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, if you are awaiting test results for COVID-19, or if you have recently been in close contact with someone with COVID-19. Instead contact your instructor or the Dean of Students
- Contact the Dean of Students at 215-751-8035 (press “Option 1” for COVID inquiries, and then “Option 2” for students), if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or if you have had close contact with someone who has COVID-19
- While on campus, do not congregate or gather with other students outside of the classroom or participate in any social gatherings
- Eating on campus will be discouraged. If you must eat, please do so at least six feet away from any other individual (also note that the dining hall will remain closed throughout Spring 2021)
- Update your contact information in the MyCCP Portal if it has changed, so that the College can notify you as soon as possible regarding any COVID-19 related news or emergencies
Finally, Dr. Thomas Farley, Health Commissioner for the Philadelphia Department of Public Health, asked that we share the letter regarding additional tips on remaining safe on campus this semester. You can find the letter here.
Thank you in advance for helping us to maintain a safe campus this semester.
Double Mask Initiatives
Experts are now recommending the use of two masks at once as a method of better preventing the spread of the virus. Wearing a paper mask with a cloth mask over it is shown to provide significantly more protection than a single mask alone. Read more about why you should start to double mask.
Vaccine Interest Form
The City of Philadelphia has launched an online Vaccine Interest Formfor Philadelphia residents interested in receiving the COVID-19 vaccine. The information will be used to connect you with more information about vaccine availability.
Free parking will be available on a first-come, first-served basis for all faculty, staff and registered students.
The Main Garage will be open and available Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. for all faculty, staff and registered students needing to come to campus. Individuals who wish to utilize the Main Garage during their visit to campus should adhere to the following
- Ensure that you have your College ID — your ID will be required to enter/exit the garage
- Use the 17th Street entrance to enter and exit the garage
- No outside/guest parking will be permitted
In addition to the Main Garage, the Bonnell (Flat) Lot will remain available for parking. For evening classes that begin at or after 5 p.m., faculty and students must park in the Bonnell Lot across from the Main Garage, as there will be no after-hour vehicle retrieval from the Main Garage. You will need your ID to enter/exit the Bonnell Lot.
Please email email@example.com with any questions or concerns.