Faculty, Staff and Students:
I hope you had a restful spring break. I’m writing with some updates about how the College has been preparing for and responding to growing awareness about the coronavirus (COVID-19).
The College has been monitoring this quickly developing situation with the health and safety of our students, faculty and staff foremost in our minds.
Out of an abundance of caution, Community College of Philadelphia has decided to postpone or cancel all events and activities planned on its Main Campus and its Northeast, Northwest and West Regional Centers through March 31. All student club meetings are canceled through the end of March. All study abroad trips for the remainder of this academic year have been canceled. In addition, the Athletics Center will be closed. It is possible that events scheduled later in spring may also experience schedule changes, and we will keep you updated as necessary.
On Thursday, March 12 from 1:45 to 3 p.m., the College will be hosting a public health information session about COVID-19 online. To watch the conference, please use this link on Thursday: https://ccp.zoom.us/j/508695947. When asked for a meeting ID number, please enter: 508 695 947. For sound, please call 646-558-8656.
The College remains open for business and coursework. We will continue to monitor the situation and update the community as necessary, via email and at this webpage.
Faculty and staff are reminded to follow the CDC’s recommendations for prevention, and are asked to stay home if they are sick. Below are reminders of other steps the College is taking to keep students, faculty and staff safe.
Donald Guy Generals, Ed.D.
What else is Community College of Philadelphia doing in response to COVID-19?
- The Athletics Center will remain closed, except as needed for intercollegiate teams.
- At campus dining facilities, Canteen will continue to provide all food services, excluding salad and yogurt bars, which have been temporarily closed. Canteen will continue to provide catering services with packaged items.
- The College is conducting weekly deep-cleaning activities in addition to usual daily maintenance of facilities on Main Campus and at all Regional Centers.
- Hand sanitizer machines have been stocked at building entrances throughout Main Campus and at all regional centers. They contain sanitizer with 70-percent minimum alcohol, higher than the CDC’s recommended 60-percent minimum.
- Students, staff and faculty who traveled to China, Italy, Iran, South Korea, and Japan during the last two weeks have been instructed to self-quarantine and not report to the Main Campus or Regional Centers before March 23, 2020.
- All non-essential College travel is discouraged. Please check with your division’s vice president regarding any College-related travel and before booking any new travel.
- Faculty and staff who have personal trips scheduled are encouraged to follow CDC guidance and monitor travel advisories.